Probs installing Virgin Media Broadband

Maiden. 16:13 30 Apr 07

Just moved house and had Virgin Media TV , Broadband etc installed. I tried to set up via the installation CD yesterday, but I get an error message halfway through, the app says 'You do not have an Ethernet card - contact us for details".

Thing is, I do have a port at the back of my PC with an ethernet connection - so do we reckon that means by default I have an Ethernet card ? Tried calling VM all day, but the queues are sooo long, I thought this may be a more informed and much quicker option.

Many thanks

keef66 16:42 30 Apr 07

do you have your modem attached by network cable to the network port on the back of your pc?

Even if your network port is not recognised, you have the option of connecting the modem via USB instead

mosfet 16:48 30 Apr 07

If using ethernet you dont need to run CD.
Have you ran the internet connection wizard?

jam500 18:36 30 Apr 07

Their cd's never work anyway, Well mine didn't.

iqs 18:41 30 Apr 07

Like jam500 states'Their cd's never work anyway'.Mine was the same.I just connected the modem cable to my ethernet port,within seconds I was surfing.Hope this is of help?

keef66 09:42 01 May 07

First time they connected my cable bb I couldn't get the cd to work, but that turned out to be because they hadn't activated the account and the password was wrong (half an hour waiting for a tech person on the phone, but quickly sorted thereafter).

I have since had to reinstall twice, (my fault, not theirs) and each time the cd walkthrough worked just fine

Mind you, I only have phone plus broadband; no complication of set top box etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now