Problen with DUN in xp home

Mike 15:33 10 Jun 03

I have various problems with dialup networking in xp home.

If I right click on the active connection in control panel/network connections, there is no disconect option, also windows says that it is not active. further to this if I tick "show in notification area it doesn't.

None of this is a real problem but it annoys me, I cant tell initial connection speed and to go offline I have to switch modem off.

Mike 19:03 10 Jun 03

anyone ?

Djohn 19:33 10 Jun 03

Have you associated your dial-up with IE or other bowser you are using. The way I would connect to an ISP is by clicking on the IE Icon from the desktop, this will bring up the DUN window.

The DUN window can be set to auto dial or wait until you click on it to make the connection. If you use this way of connecting, the two small PC Icons will show in the sys. tray area, (Bottom right of taskbar).

On closing down your browser, by clicking on the small X, (Top right of browser), the DUN window will appear again, asking if you wish to disconnect.

At this point you can say yes, this will disconnect you from the net, or choose no if you wish to stay on-line, but with another browser. j.

Mike 20:11 10 Jun 03

Thanks for attempting to help but I've tried the things you've suggested.

Have found a workround by installing a third party dialer. At least I get the traffic indication and connect/disconnect in the system tray.

I'll tick this as kind of resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…