Problems with Zone Alarm Firewall

onokeck 18:05 11 Jun 04

Has anyone else has problems with this software trial download? I downloaded and installed and set up exactly as instructed. My browser hardly functioned at all and trying to use some of my programs was very, very time consuming. Unfortunately I cannot get broadband, so am still on DUN. When I tried to go on-line the process was like "wading thru treacle". It took as long as five minutes sometimes to get to the aol screen. I uninstalled the software and things returned to normal after restarting. I want and need a firewall, but I cannot live with this I'm afraid. Any other suggestions for a firewall? Casey

Cuddles 18:09 11 Jun 04

Try sygate firewall from click here

johnsims 18:11 11 Jun 04

Zone Alarm is the best, but only if you can still get hold of version 4.5
The latest version 5 is buggy and causes all sorts of problems.

Shas 18:17 11 Jun 04

Are you on AOL 8 or 9? I have 9, broadband and AOL's free McAfee firewall and get the same problems, (took 6 minutes once from clicking on the icon to that woman saying 'welcome to AOL'). I changed from McAfee to ZoneAlarm to see if that would do it, but no different so changed back. Personally I think it may be AOL 9 that's the problem, but if you are on AOL 8 that's not much help to you is it.

Cuddles 18:20 11 Jun 04

If you search the forum it will be evident that there are quite a few people with problems caused by Zone Alarm.

MartinT-B 18:24 11 Jun 04

4.5 still available from Zone Labs click here

onokeck 18:55 11 Jun 04

Spanneress has offered to provide the older version of Zone Alarm and I'm going to try that. Thanks for all the responses. Casey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…