Problems with YouTube downloader.

six-h 23:34 04 Oct 08

I'm running Vista, and tried twice to Download and use this prog last night.
First time, I downloaded the update 2.1.6 from click here, and tried to use it thinking that it was the full programme, but including latest updates.

It successfully grabbed a video, but it was as a ".flv" file, and attempts to "convert" using any of the available options failed.

I then un-installed it, (messy) and tried downloading the "cnet" version of 2.1.6 with the same result.

What am I doing wrong??

MAJ 23:45 04 Oct 08

not sure what you're doing wrong, six-h, but I use this one to covert my .flv files to avi or mpeg. click here

Terminus90 00:30 05 Oct 08

download this click here program and download video's from youtube and others

Jak_1 00:43 05 Oct 08

Download this one :

click here

Download the standard version, it's freeware and works well, it also gives you the choice of which format you want to save as ie avi, mpeg, flv etc.

six-h 01:40 05 Oct 08

Thanks for the alternatives.
I used to have both of them when I had a PC running XP, and found "youtubedownload" to be more useable, it would convert the downloaded files OK without using another piece of software.
I just can't understand why it's playing up on my new vista PC.

Jak_1 02:28 05 Oct 08

Obviousy not updated it for Vista. Some programs run fine without updating and some don't.

six-h 02:51 05 Oct 08

It says it works with Windows 2000/XP/Vista, that's why I was wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…