//some 3rd party need geo

Problems writing to DVD RW

Red Devil 20:38 27 Nov 03

Ok,

I have a HP Pavilion 1260 UK and I can't write to my DVD RW on it. I have checked the properties for this drive and under the recording tab I have made sure that the option "Enable CD recording on this device" is checked but I am still unable to record to either CD or DVD. Is there anything else I can check/try to get this working?

Cheers

The Sack 22:08 27 Nov 03

Use Nero or EasyCD

PA28 23:11 27 Nov 03

Nero 6 is recommended. Older writing software may not recognise your drive or have a clue what a writeable DVD even is! What disks are you using - DVD writers seem a lot fussier than CR-Rs ever were.

PA28 23:13 27 Nov 03

CR-Rs! I'm losing it. CD writers is what I meant.

ger-284341 23:37 27 Nov 03

i know its obvious...i made the same mistake...are you using the correct disc......+ or -...i bought dvd-rw when it should have been dvd+rw...i felt a wally going back to the shop then

Red Devil 08:46 28 Nov 03

I'm using CD RW's - the drive should be able to write to them.

Surely there must be a way to write data to a CD without having to go out and buy some burning software?

I thought that being able to write to CD was native to XP? After all, I can write to CD with my other 2 computers that run XP.

MichelleC 09:07 28 Nov 03

Couple of other things to try; Check for updated driver; blast out with compressed air in case lasers have dust. have you ever burned with it and can you read from it?

Hyperangelic 09:09 28 Nov 03

Red Devil

As you say, you should be able to write to CD on XP.
Is the DVD drive recognised correctly on the PC?
Can you play CDs in it?

There is a trial version of RecordNow on click here. Download it and see does the drive work with it, that should sort out whether the issue is with the drive or with the XP software.

Red Devil 09:39 28 Nov 03

Ok, MicehelleC - I've checked for an updated driver and I've had the message that my drivers were already up to date. As fot the drive itself - I can play both CD's and DVD's in it.

Hyperangelic - I'll give that software a go and see if that works

ger-284341 19:19 28 Nov 03

the burner in your new pc might only write to a plus or minus disc.......dvd+ or dvd-...check which one the burner uses

Lozzy 19:38 28 Nov 03

You must use burning software to burn a DVD + or - and CD-R or CD/RW. Use either Nero 6 or Easy CD/DVD Creator v6. It won't burn properly without them. If your using windows XP it does have a built in burner but its very basic. You will ruin more CD's/DVD's by not using the correct software..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…