problems with WM10 licenses

hawthorn59 19:11 06 Nov 07

Hi

A few weeks ago I installed a new hard drive.Before I did that I downloaded about 80 tracks (purchased) from Eircom Music Club, as it was closing down, and I had to use up my credit.

I was told in some forum i could just transfer the tracks by memory stick to my laptop after the new hard drive was installed. But just in case I backed up the licenses.

So, I tried to play them in the "new" laptop. It was great, I didnt even have to restore the licenses, it went online and acquired them.

I only did this for about 10 or so tracks. Now a few weeks later I want to do it for the remainder but it cant acquire the licenses. Heres what I got when I tried to play a track and it tried to acquire the license(after about 10-12 minutes waiting):

"While trying to retrieve the url:

click here

The following error was encountered:

Read error

The system returned:
(104) connection reset by peer
An error condition occured while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.
Your cache administrator is webmaster."

But when when I clicked on that url, it said "your license is being retrieved" but it never came!

Is this something to do with Eircom Music Club being closed down? They did warn me to burn the tracks to cd...!

OK heres what happened when I tried to restore the licenses I backed up; I got

C00D11CD: Unknown error
Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to Windows Media Player.

Error ID = 0xC00D11CD, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Why did it work, without even having to restore licenses, for the 1st 10 or 12 songs? And is there anything I can do? Any point sending this to Microsoft WM10 page?

Sorry for the long post.

h

hawthorn59 19:25 06 Nov 07

Actually i think that url with "od2" in it is in fact he Eircom site, which has now closed down. Am I right in assuming that the license comes from the actual store where you purchased the tracks? I thought they were from a central location, or somewhere in cyberspace.....!!??

If thats the case I guess Im in deep siht! Unless theres a way around it, or some program that can help me!?

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…