Problems with wireless

pure_jungle 16:36 08 Nov 06

I am using a Belkin wireless modem/router and Im with AOL. I am having issues connecting my laptop via the wireless. When my desktop pc and laptop are connected using wires all is ok. I get limited or no connectivity on my laptop when using wireless? The laptop finds the network ok. Beginning to drive me mental!

ed-0 18:16 08 Nov 06

Disable the lan in control panel > network connections > local area connection.

Right click the wireless tv icon in the sys tray. Pick repair.

Any better?

If no. Then turn off the belkin router for 1 hour and retry the wireless.

If still no go, are you some distance from the router?, try this > click here

postie24 19:22 08 Nov 06

Hope this helps click here

pure_jungle 16:17 09 Nov 06

still doesnt let me access anything on the wireless laptop? web etc? I can now connect to the modem/router but cant access the internet?

mgmcc 16:55 09 Nov 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

pure_jungle 20:25 13 Nov 06

the wireless connection icon on my laptop says connected and it gives the status as excellent.

mgmcc 20:38 13 Nov 06

<<< the wireless connection icon on my laptop says connected and it gives the status as excellent. >>>

As per the last paragraph of my previous message, communicating with a good signal doesn't mean you are "logged in" to the Wireless Network. Does the little icon have its "halo" as per this screenshot click here

Does the Wireless Network Connection have an IP address from the router in the 192.168.2.x range?

mgmcc 20:40 13 Nov 06
  yapstan 20:53 13 Nov 06

I am running Windows XP when i am installing the Hub and get as far as entering the wireless key the message comes up key not recognised.Tried ringing BT no joy (what a surprise)

yapstan 21:02 13 Nov 06

sorry about that meant to start a new thread

pure_jungle 06:06 14 Nov 06

the ip address is in the 192.168.2.x range yes. i shall look for the little halo icon when i get home from work and let you know, thanks for trying to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…