Problems with Winxp Home

Im dual booting winxp homeSP1(upgrade from winME) with XP PRO SP2(clean install).the reason for this is i have a sperate partition for my children for games and music,and i use the xp pro partition,for internet and files,like jpegs from my digital camera.
Xp Pro runs fine,but my children complain that xp home freezes and crashes,especially during game play.
I have an MSI GForceFX5600 256 mb video card,AMD Athlon 1900+xp,K7VZA(VER3)M/Board,512mb and an 80gb h/drive,and a creative soundblaster Audigy soundcard.Im using the latest Nvidia Forceware drivers,with Direct X9,ive updated the bios,i have all the updates(FROM MICROSOFT) installed,but im at a loss to explain why only xp home freezes on me.

Diodorus Siculus 09:28 09 Apr 04

Try running defrag, scandisk etc.

Then give the system file checker a run:

start

run

sfc /scannow

I have tried all that,ive depfraged,ran file check,chkdsk,ect.ran medal of honour for 35 mins last night until it started running very slow then restarted :(

champmanfan 06:31 10 Apr 04

Have you disabled the antivirus/firewall and kept all background activity to run just the essentials? Also make sure you haven't got any virus or trojans probs and scan for them. Do the same with adware and spy programs. They can hog your resources. Get Ad-ware 6.0 from download.com.

Let us know if this helped at all.

matt1234 07:31 10 Apr 04

i did this to my laptop and did not like it one bit so i made multiple users on pro that way their stuff stays on their user urs stays on yours and you can regulate what they can use on windows!

ok ty...all good suggestions can give a go :)

carver 08:08 11 Apr 04

Hope this doesn't sound daft but are you using the DVI output on your card and what monitor are you using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos