Problems with with windows updates

hiwatt 12:02 31 Jul 08

Hi folks,I am not able to search manually for windows updates.I get the small red x and error number 0X80070002.I've tried all the suggestions I can find(emptying the data store folder etc)to no avail.I am worried I don't have all the updates I need but can't visit microsofts update page.A few months ago I had to do a partial reinstall of windows due to a crash and at the time had loads of updates including vista service pack 1,now when I click on installed updates it only shows 63 updates with no sign of SP1.I can check for updates from within the computer and it tells me I'm up to date.I downloaded and ran belarc advisor and that tells me I'm missing one critical update,KB931906 and the earliest update installed is on 09/07/08 but there were lots more installed before then.I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem please.Thankyou

ambra4 12:30 31 Jul 08

Download this program Dial-a-fix v0.60.0.24

click here

Unzip and Double Click on the exe file

Click the green tick button click GO

hiwatt 12:33 31 Jul 08

It's saying that it's not ready for vista yet?Thankyou.

ambra4 13:03 31 Jul 08
  hiwatt 13:17 31 Jul 08

Thanks ambra.I dont have the windows side bar set to run at start up,I don't use it.I've also searched google with the error number and tried all the suggestions to no avail.Even microsoft can't seem to get it it sorted.I'm not sure what to do next.It's just a bit annoying not being able to search for updates.Thanks anyway.

birdface 13:28 31 Jul 08

Might help.click here

hiwatt 13:52 31 Jul 08

Thanks buteman but I've already tried that too.Very frustrating.

birdface 14:08 31 Jul 08

Yes there was another tool just like dial a fix that would sort the updates out,But cannot remember the name of it.I hope you manage to get it sorted.

birdface 15:44 31 Jul 08

Sorry mate managed to track it down but like the other one not for Vista. click here

birdface 15:57 31 Jul 08

I don't suppose this is any good.click here

hiwatt 11:46 01 Aug 08

Thanks buteman.It searches for updates then says the update does not apply to my system?I downloaded the correct one.32 bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now