Problems when typing, helppppp!!

rickf 16:39 06 Apr 09

Typing problems in XP OS both Notepad and Word.

Hi All
Don't quite know how to describe this problem so bear with me. When typing a sentence at a certain point the cursor would jump backwards w/o my knowing as I am not looking at the screen. I then realised on looking up that some of my sentences are all jumbled up. Sometimes it jumps when I use the space key and sometimes randomly. Can anyone shed some light here as it is driving me up the wall? Thanks

rickf 16:42 06 Apr 09

Forgot to mention that I have downgraded from Vista Premium to XP on Acer 5920G.

rickf 17:04 06 Apr 09

BTW, it's a laptop. In fact I have problems typing messages here as well.

chub_tor 17:14 06 Apr 09

My Toshiba laptop had/has the same problem, it was improved but not cured completely by updating the touch pad driver and then reducing its sensitivity. Disabling the touch pad and using an external mouse gets rid of the problem completely.

rickf 17:34 06 Apr 09

hi chub-tor
thanks for that suggestion. I'll try it. I am using a mouse at the moment but will try both your suggestions and post back later. Scanning the lappy at the moment as I thought there could be a bug. Cheers. Writng this from my desktop as the lappy is giving me a headache.

rickf 18:30 06 Apr 09

Great sorted chub-tor. Thanks. I found the synaptics drivers for XP. Installed them and problems cured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5