Problems with web sites closing inexplicably.

Logov 15:06 09 Jan 04

A strange problem has just started happening whilst viewing web pages. When viewing certain pages and I click a 'search' button with my mouse the whole site closes instantly. However, if I hovver over the button with my cursor and then press the 'enter' key on my keyboard the search operation is performed correctly. Anyone know why this could be happening? My AVG is up-to-date and running so not sure where to look for the cause.

GrahamP 15:42 09 Jan 04

Strange indeed. Is it only on search buttons? and is it happening on all sites with searches?
Could you post an example?

Logov 15:55 09 Jan 04

When on the page below and criteria has been selected selecting the search button closes the website. I hadn't considered it could be the site itself so if that happens to anyone else I'd be interested to know. click here

terminus 16:02 09 Jan 04

No problems. Have you Installed any major software lately?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:04 09 Jan 04

I just searched for any old thing on the page and it didnt clos it did open a new page in same window but could go back to search option.

Regards.

GrahamP 16:31 09 Jan 04

It could still be just that page responding badly to your particular search.

Eliminate it by trying:

a) other searches on that page

b) searches on other pages eg PCA

Also confirm that it's only web searches that react in that way to a left click. although I guess that's so if you are posting ok.

If it's happening elsewhere it would be wise to check for scumware/spyware/adware etc. See the numerous posts here about tools like adaware, spybot etc.

If it's just that site, email the webmaster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…