Problems with web page searching

Ridleyrider 11:46 11 Feb 07

I use google as my search engine wihtout any previous problems. However, I have started encountering a problem whereby google finds the webspage link I am looking for but when I click the link, it redirects me to a bogus web page.

By bogus I mean it takes me to a page that I hadn't wanted. For eample

ANother search engine page with some reference to what I was searching on
Credit scores websites
Shopping search engines

It takes me about 5 clicks on the web page address to actually get me to the site I wanted to get to.

Obviously, there is some rogue software that has magically installed itself to make IE(7) do this but I cant find it.

I have run avast antivirus scan and removed any spyware using Adaware but no joy.

VoG II 11:49 11 Feb 07

Try this click here

ArrGee 11:50 11 Feb 07

Also try using CCleaner, Spybot and Hijack This.

click here

click here

click here

beynac 11:54 11 Feb 07

Re. ArrGee's post: If you run HijackThis, do NOT use it to 'fix' anything. You can seriously damage your system if you tick the wrong thing.

I suggest that you run a HijackThis scan and post the log on Malware Removal forum (you will have to register first): click here

ACOLYTE 11:59 11 Feb 07

This may be a daft question but are you clicking the right link?,some searches have sponsored links to the same page and you end up in another search engine listings site.
Try clicking other links other than the green sponsor links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…