Problems with VirtuaEarth Plugin

Radiospock 12:15 27 Jul 06

I've had WorldWind on my computer for some time but was not completely satisfied with the resolution for the area I live in. When I saw the Tip in PCAdvisor in Sept. 2006 about the VirtualEarth Plugin I decided to download and try it. I unzipped the file, installed the proj.dll in the WorldWind folder, created a VirtualEarth sub folder in plugins and pasted the four files as instructed. When I ran WorldWind I followed the instructions, selected `install' and got the `plugins installation' window. Here was my first problem: what went in the `pluginfile/url' box ? I clicked the browse button and went to theWorldWind/Plugins/VirtualEarth
folder and clicked VirtualEarth.resx which put it in the box. I got a `success' report and pressed the `load' button. On restarting WorldWind I got a load of error reports, viz:

Error CS0117: Line 957 Column 6: 'WorIdWind. Menu. MenuBar' does not contain a definition for 'RemoveToolsMenuButton'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 57: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for 'ProjectionMatrix'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 96: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for ViewMatrix'
Error CS0117: Line 1615 Column 129: ' WorIdWind. Camera. CameraBase' does not contain a definition for 'WorldMatrix'
Error CS0029: Line 20S9 Column IS: Cannot implicitly convert type 'doublet*/]1 to 'float[V]'
What the hell went wrong ???

Stuartli 12:19 27 Jul 06

I dropped WorldWind in preference to Google Earth - I felt WW's resolution capabilities are not as good.

€dstowe 12:36 27 Jul 06

I find this better than either Google Earth or WorldWind.

click here

Stuartli 14:04 27 Jul 06

I tried it the other night and was somewhat disappointed - it doesn't get as close, at least in my area, as Google Earth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video