Problems with viewing websites

I,Me and Myself 21:42 28 May 06

We have XP Home and I.E.7. Some web pages will not load. Is this something to do with the security settings on I.E. or our firewall? (If it is the firewall I assume that the same pages would be blocked on our second PC which shares the wireless modem - would I be right?) If that is the case then it must be the I.E. settings as our second PC can access more pages than this one. How do I solve this problem?

brundle 23:12 28 May 06

Remove IE7

I,Me and Myself 08:55 05 Jun 06

Why? Is there no way around this problem?

terryf 09:32 05 Jun 06

I suppose brundle is suggesting that IE7 is still beta which is why it is suggested that you go back to the tried and tested bu old IE6, have you tried Firefox, it has tabs and most of the things that IE7 is trying to introduce.

Granny. 10:26 05 Jun 06

Don`t know if this will help,but I had a similar problem and a friend advised me to use System Restore and go back a few days; and it sorted the problem out for me.

hydincymru 14:28 05 Jun 06

I have the same problem and my ISP help desk could not solve it. It began with a credit card website happens now with the BT website. How can I remove IE7. It doesn't show using Control Panel, Add Remove software. I have Windows XP and recently installed WiFi to share Broadband with my wifes' laptop.We can view the websites on her laptop.
Thanks in advance

VoG II 14:33 05 Jun 06

In Add/Remove programs, tick Show Updates at the top of the window. IE7 should then show up.

I,Me and Myself 16:09 19 Jun 06

I have installed Firefox and will give that a try. Do I have to uninstall all the installed versions of Internet Explorer or do I leave them?

octal 16:13 19 Jun 06

If you are going to use Firefox leave the others alone, Firefox doesn't any connection with IE and will work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…