problems viewing 1 post

conrail 14:03 01 Feb 06

using xp pro + ie6, when viewing todays postings, Wednesday 1st Feb, everything is ok until I try to view the following:
"I can burn CDs but not DVDs, please help!!!
Posted by jon_hoggy on Wed, 01/02/06" for some reason this post closes down my browser, anybody else had this problem and any ideas as to why this should happen? thanks

VoG II 14:06 01 Feb 06

Works fine here in IE6.

Link to post click here

conrail 14:12 01 Feb 06

thanks VoG™, just tried again and ie6 just closed down, no warning, nothing, even your link just closes, strange

Simsy 14:17 01 Feb 06

I've no idea what the problem is, but when there are browser funnies like this I reckon a good place to start is to delete all temp internet files, and if that isn't enough, delete cookies.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

conrail 14:50 01 Feb 06

thanks Simsy, cleared out 556 temp files and all cookies but still cannot get that one posting, it is the only one, not to worry, I will try not to lose too much sleep over it, thanks to you and VoG™ for you help.

PaulB2005 14:51 01 Feb 06

popup blocker?

Shortstop 15:15 01 Feb 06

Also OK with Firefox. I use Pop up blocker, but that is set to OK on PCA site [?]

How about the cache - have you cleared that?

BR

Paul

conrail 16:54 01 Feb 06

thanks PaulB2005 & Shortstop, have tried all these options but still having problems with this one posting, never had problems before, I use popup stopper and that is fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…