problems with video capture

wobblymike 20:42 16 May 04

I have a Pinnacle PCTV Rave video capture card installed in my PC running XP Pro - my problem is simple but is driving me nuts - I have connected a VCR to the video capture card, video by an s video cable and audio via a normal jack connection straight to the sound card.
When I capture video to the hard drive ( i do so in about 5 minute chunks)the early part of the tape seems fine but as I get further into it the video and audio get de synchronised, by the time I get to the half way point on the tape there is about 4 secs between them which is hopeless as I am trying to create VCDs of my granddaughter. I have tried capturing direct from a cam corder, tried 3 hr and 4 hr tapes - no joy. I have had a look at Pinnacles web site and there is some mention of this but no fix that I can find. One thing which may be of interest - I note that when using the capture facility I have no control over the audio settings thay are all greyed out as if I don't have the up to date drivers - however the drivers and software came with the unit which i bought from PC World - I have tried finding some more up to date drivers via driverguide but it seems my drivers are the most up to date. HELP

Rgds
Mike

Totally-braindead 20:54 16 May 04

How fast is your computer, analogue video I have been told takes a much faster processor than working with digital?

wobblymike 20:55 16 May 04

800 MHZ - I'm told I ned 500 or better so I don't think thats the problem
thamks for responding

Mike

stalion 20:58 16 May 04

this is a well known problem with pinnacle last time this problem was posted it was unresolved and the poster used another program.Regards

wobblymike 21:00 16 May 04

stalion

thanks can you suggest another program

Mike

stalion 21:04 16 May 04

I personally use wmm2 and mydvd and nero other members on here can give you more options, this is the mydvd site click here

wobblymike 21:15 16 May 04

stalion

thanks I'll give it a go what about a capture card can you recommend one

Mike

stalion 21:29 16 May 04

I bought a analogue tv capture card from pc world which is also ok for video.Packard Bell pb-tv100. I connect exactly the same as you are.Regards

turnip 60 22:08 16 May 04

Hi wobblymike,
an exellent website for techie advise is
protonic.com
they have solved many of my problems.
Regards

wobblymike 22:17 16 May 04

Stalin - Turnip 60 - Thanks very much for your help, I'll try the Packard bell card and I'll check out protonic.com

Rgds

Mike

Bagsey 22:20 16 May 04

I would suggest that you post your problem on this forum for a lot of expert advice.
click here or this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…