problems verifying my hotmail account

ElaineHarbour 16:47 07 Feb 15

My email account has been blocked as MS think someone else is using my account. I have filled in the questionnaire to get this unblocked, but the questions they ask relate to emails I have sent and an MS live account. I do not have an MS live account (I use Playstation) and I don't send emails. My email is used for my Steam account. I have over 30 games on my steam account and I cannot access them because my email has been blocked.

When I send the form through they say I have not submitted enough information to verify my account and nothing else is done. There is no other way of contacting them.

Any help you can give me would be great. I'm getting really frustrated with this.

J

rdave13 17:42 07 Feb 15

Your Hotmail is part of your Live/Outlook.com account. I can't link to Outlook.com as it bring up my account automatically. Google it and you'll get to a sign in page.

Have a read of this blog by Ask Leo which will hopefully be of help to you. Click here.

rdave13 17:52 07 Feb 15

Can you log in to your Steam account and try their help and support? They might allow you to use another email, such as Gmail for instance. I don't know if your email you use to log in to your Steam account will stop you logging in as you have a Steam password. Worth a try.

ArinLewis 12:33 06 Jul 15

One of the most common causes of the problem is Phishing. You replied to a fake email which claimed that your Hotmail account will be closed if you do not reply with confidential details or which claimed that your Hotmail account will be closed if you do not click on a particular link to verify your Hotmail account. Or you have entered your password on a phishing website which appeared to be a genuine Hotmail website. Your password gets stolen and is then used by the hacker to hack into your email. For more info to unblock your account visit: click here

lotvic 20:55 06 Jul 15

ArinLewis, and you charge £39.99p.

SPAM from Arinlewis FE Informed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…