Problems uploading - pages not appearing

Camille 00:00 22 Apr 06

Please help. I've spent quite a bit of time constructing a 28 page site with FrontPage for my English Dept. I've spent ages checking links between pages etc and it all worked perfectly on my pc. I u/l to webmania using SmartFTP and that's where I come unstuck. I have tried several ways of u/l:
1. All files individually u/l to the root folder. Result = the index page worked but w/out pictures and none of the page links worked
2. U/l the folder from my pc containing the files. Result = couldn't even access the index page.
3. Took the index page out and copied it to the root folder. result = can see the index page but still none of the links work

Please help - I have no idea what I'm doing anymore and I'm supposed to be showing the site to my boss on Monday!!!!

Forum Editor 13:56 22 Apr 06

via your FTP software - do it from within FrontPage itself. Presumably the FrontPage extensions are enabled on your Webmania hosting package?

FrontPage needs to create special files on the server to make the site work, and it will do this when you select the publish option from the file menu.

Access your server space with your FTP prgram and delete all the files you uploaded. Then open the site in FrontPage, go to 'File' and select 'publish site'. Then select the option to publish to a server with FrontPage or Sharepoint services, enter the relevant server and login details, and publish the site.

Make sure that you also publish the site to your hard drive, and always save to this location before publishing to the server. Always work on the hard drive version, rather than the server version, otherwise one day you'll forget which version you last edited, and you'll overwrite the server version with an earlier version from your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…