problems upgrading motherboard

bazzacfc 21:17 20 Sep 04

i have just received a new asrock k7v88 motherboard, with amd3200 processor, i also bought some memory, however when i installed it ,it would not boot up and after about 5 mins it stopped alltogether, does anyone have any ideas?

Night Ryder 21:33 20 Sep 04

How much memory did you buy. If it is in two sticks, try putting one stick in at a time in number one slot. Read your MoBoard manual and check you are using correct configuration for memory.

bazzacfc 21:47 20 Sep 04

i bought one stick 512mb

dfghjkl 21:49 20 Sep 04

have you reset the csmos?take the battery out and leave it out,go and make a cup of tea.put battery in about 15 minutes later.unplug everything,then reconnect and check the wires from your case (start,reset,hd light etc)connect psu to motherboard then just connect the graphics card and hard drive and turn on.if it is ok then reconnect floppy,cd,dvd.second hard drive etc one at a time.only use one memory stick at a time,or check it on another pc.good luck it will be something simple (or a duff motherboard)but probably something simple.good luck,peter

Night Ryder 21:50 20 Sep 04

Do you hear any post boot beeps just after the PC is switched on? and if so how many?

Night Ryder 21:52 20 Sep 04

Should have read post BIOS. Sorry.

bazzacfc 22:00 20 Sep 04

tried most things thanks 4 all your help but i think it may be faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…