Problems updating AVG

spuds 11:46 03 Mar 04

Over the past week, AVG have been releasing new updates on a daily bassis.I have been able to update with no problems until the last couple of days.I keep getting a message 'An automatic connection to the internet could not be established.Try manually via internet browser'.

I have tried this without success, any advice, as I do not want my anti-virus down.

Program Version:6.0.605. Virus Database:385. Released 01/03/2004.

As per usual- many thanks for advice in solving the problem.

Jester2K 11:48 03 Mar 04

See click here for manual update instructions.

Jester2K 11:48 03 Mar 04

BTW the site is V Busy

spuds 11:52 03 Mar 04

That was quick, will try now.

spuds 12:04 03 Mar 04

Think that I have found the problem.I have recently installed a programme called GetRight by Headlight Software Inc. This seems to be blocking the AVG downloading.Have to leave it for now, and look further into this, later today.

greenlamp 23:01 03 Mar 04

I think you'll find it's the AVG download sites not your GetRight software.

roy 23:21 03 Mar 04

greenlamp I'll second that. I managed to get the download today but it was impossible yesterday. As Jester2K said, site is very busy.

spuds 23:46 03 Mar 04

Eventually just managed to get into AVG site, but still no joy. Commenced to download 2068.3 KBytes at suggested download time 6 minutes on Tiscali 3x service.Download percentage and bar froze at 60%.Time Left, Time Elapsed still ticking away.After 12 minutes on Time Elapsed, with 60% downloaded still frozen,I gave up. Will try again later.

Thanks everyone for support and advice offered so far.

Strawballs 23:46 03 Mar 04

just this second got latest update but got the same automatic connection message try manual clicked OK and downloaded no problem.

Strawballs 23:47 03 Mar 04

just this second got latest update but got the same automatic connection message try manual clicked OK and downloaded no problem.

Strawballs 23:47 03 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…