problems with uninstalling SonicStage

robajackson 22:18 16 Sep 03

I used the Sony SonicStage software (for recording from audio CD to minidisk) for several weeks with no problems, but then it stopped working. The manual suggested uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried to uninstall it using Windows add/remove but got a message something like 'uninstallation failed due to a problem'. I also tried using Add/Remove Pro with the same result.
Any suggestions on how to uninstall this application or any ideas for fixing it?

-pops- 06:40 17 Sep 03

Sometimes the "uninstall" option is on the installation disk or on the program entry in the Start menu. Have you checked these?

robajackson 09:25 17 Sep 03

Thanks -pops-, but unfortunately there is no uninstall option on the disk or under the program entry. The utility Add/Remove Pro searches for an uninstall string, and can't find it either. I have read that it is possible to uninstall applications via the registry, and maybe this is my only option? Any views, and any advice on doing this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…