Problems uninstalling Microsoft Works Suite 2001

Newuser3068 15:37 04 Apr 03

I've been trying to uninstall Microsoft Works Suite 2001 from my computer, which runs Windows ME. During the uninstall procedure for Microsoft Works, the uninstaller stopped and reported: "Internal error 2735 UninstallShoeboxDLL". I tried uninstalling again a few times and got the same result every time.

So I thought it would be best to try reinstalling Works Suite, before uninstalling it again. But the installer on the CD won't let me reinstall. There are "install" buttons for all the elements of the suite (Works, Autoroute, etc. etc.) but the the button for Works is greyed out - clearly the installer thinks the software is already present on the hard drive.

Whenever I boot up the computer, Windows ME boots fine, but once the desktop has booted up I get the following report in a dialogue box: "The shortcut Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk refers to a location that is unavailable". I click the "OK" button and the report goes away, and everything else on the machine seems to run normally.

Can anyone suggest how I can tidy up my Works Suite situation, please? I'd like to uninstall it cleanly.

VoG™ 21:59 04 Apr 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…