problems understanding how to download drivers

Boblee 07:03 09 Dec 09

I mistakely made a response to myself. so hee is the question again

Sorry for not making myself clear. As some of you know this is almost the same question I asked earlier. thanks
I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 and I installed a new hard drive and XP. I am trying to download Ethernet, Audio, PCI Modem Serial bus USB and Video Controllers drivers. I went on the Dell website and found the download for all of them, but having problems understanding the download process. Can’t download to my Dell labtop because no Ethernet controller, so I am trying to download drivers on another labtop to a CD then load that on the Dell. but the problem is, I don’t understand the download instructions on Dell.com seems complicated to me. If someone can provide me with a better understanding that would me great Here are the instructions below again :

1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R54631.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r54631. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r54631 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

BRYNIT 08:34 09 Dec 09

1. Download self extracting file, make sure you know where this file has been save on your computer.
2. Copy file from your computer to a CD/Flash drive or external HD drive so you can transfer it to the dell computer.
3. when you have transferred the file over follow the Installation instructions.

Hope this helps.

Note: It best not to keep to the same thread and not open new threads, this prevents confusion and duplicate suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…