//some 3rd party need geo

problems with tv connection?

dfghjkl 14:39 07 Jun 05

hello all,i have a xp2500+,1gig 400mhz memory,6800 graphics,a7n8x e deluxe mobo.i have just bought an s video cable and connected my pc, via graphics card to av3 on my main (crt)tv.i set up the graphics card and all was well,i could see windows,when i use my pc tv tuner that is fine also,so i am able to view digital recordings,pause live tv etc like sky plus.this was my main reason for doing this.the problem is this cable is sold as a dvd to pc cable but when i launch power dvd or win med player or real player etc the program opens ok but will only play on my pc and just shows the black background on the tv,it shows the title bar,etc but a black screen.it is the same for web pages all is ok but a black screen when playing files,any clues as it is driving me nuts.thanks,peter.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 07 Jun 05

This my be copywrite protection in the files you are trying to play.

Stops the DVD from being copied to a DVD decorder.

dfghjkl 18:42 07 Jun 05

thanks,if this is the case,is there a player that will play it?or software?,thanks,peter.

Dorsai 18:51 07 Jun 05

I think the issue is that you can only view the DVD on one screen at a time. Due, as Fruit Bat said, to copyright protection.

Quite How it infringes copyright I am not sure, as Your looking at both the Tv and the PC at the same time seems pointless, not copyright breaking.

But that seems to be the case these days. You only bought 'One Copy' of the DVD. That means you can only 'See' one copy at a time.

There may be some way to 'turn off' the PC's version of the DVD, thus allowing the TV to work.

However, as DVD players are so cheap, I suggest getting a cheapie DVD player, and using that to watch DVD's on the TV.

dfghjkl 19:18 07 Jun 05

it is all very strange,i can view a tv programme that i record on the tv software but if i view it on wmp it is a black screen.

dfghjkl 20:24 07 Jun 05

sorted thanks to your help.all had to do was change the tv to primary display and the monitor to secondary then it shows on the tv but not on pc.thanks,peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…