problems with a trojan and excessive e-mail

budlia 21:22 25 Sep 03

i have the trojan JS_NOCLOSE.E in my comp and need advice how to remove it please, i run norton antivirus,which i keep up to date,but it wasnt this that found the virus it was trendmicro,norton dont seem to know it,also i have been getting excessive mail from microsoft(or so i thought)it seems to be from elsewhere though as it is infected with another trojan,can anybody tell me how to stop this mail too please, i am reaaly fed up with it all now i been getting it eversince i logged on to a microsoft help and support room,any advice would be wonderful !!

MAJ 21:30 25 Sep 03

If you're using ME or XP, you'll need to de-activate System Restore in order to make sure that it hasn't been backed up to any of your restore points. De-activating System Restore will delete all your restore points and the virus, if it's in there, along with them. Did Trend-Micro, delete the trojan for you (other than the restore points), budlia?

MAJ 21:39 25 Sep 03

As for the excessive, virus infested, mail, budlia, everyone is receiving those at the moment. It's a good idea to download Mailwasher click here and use it to vet your emails before downloading them to your computer. Using Mailwasher you can delete them from your email provider's server, that way you have no chance of being infected.

budlia 22:17 25 Sep 03

thanks for your advice ,i will try that as you suggested,no trend didnt clean it as the virus is "uncleanable", their word not mine ,any more ideas will be gratefully accepted.many thanks to you maj.

budlia 22:18 25 Sep 03

ps, i`m using xp pro.

VoG II 22:23 25 Sep 03

Disable System Restore as MAJ advised. Scan to make sure it has gone the re-enable System Restore click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…