Problems with System Restore Pack for Tiny PC

lonestar 19:01 01 Jan 03
  lonestar 19:01 01 Jan 03

I have an old-ish Tiny PC running WinME. It often crashes and freezes, so I want to do a system restore using the CD Tiny supplied with the computer. I've had to do this before, and without trouble, but for some reason it stops with the error notice that this cannot be done in Windows, and to exit windows or run the command in dos. I've tried running in dos, but get the same warning.

Can anyone help?

spikeychris 19:06 01 Jan 03

Are you booting from the CD?

lonestar 23:44 01 Jan 03

Yes. That is, I'm booting with the CD in the drive.

AMD 4 ever 00:02 02 Jan 03

If you have a start up disk, at the a: type scanreg /restore

platty100 01:00 02 Jan 03

not sure (but i had a tiny and when i did a restore had to have floppy in which they supply ) but you have it set to boot of the floppy disc first,then make sure your cd is in as well ,to do a system resore so should be set to boot up of floppy first

Quiller. 01:14 02 Jan 03

Just a thought. Have you changed any hardware or altered the hard disk. I did read somewhere that this can muck up the restore disk.

lonestar 18:00 02 Jan 03

Thank you to all who contributed to this problem, which has now been resolved. I rebooted with both the CD and floppy from the restore pack and got a positive result. Now with the unhappy task of re-installing software and data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…