Problems with Sysdl.reg

mutantcamel 22:19 12 May 04

Hi,

I lost my media player recently off my computer (somehow) and decided to go and download the latest version, which I did. I tried to install it but got a message that System Restore would not work properly if I didn't go to Windows Update to get fix Q290700.

I went onto the Microsoft Windows Update page and got the message "checking for the latest version of Windows Update Sofware", but the page then stops loading. I tried clicking on the welcome button (the only one which I'm able to click on) and I get an error message -

"Iexplore has caused an error in SYSDLL.REG, Iexplore will now close".

I also get a similar error everytime I try to search on the help option on my desktop.

"Helpctr has caused an error in SYSDLL.REG" followed by "Helpctr has caused an error in unknown>"

This means I can't install the Media Player or use the help facility.

Do you think there's a virus in the sysdl.reg and if so how do I get rid of it. At present I have no anti virus software or firewalls, I'm a bit of a novice....Any help would be great!

VoG II 22:22 12 May 04

Try running CWShredder click here

mutantcamel 22:43 12 May 04

I just tried it, I scanned for infected files then pressed fix. I tried going to the windows update site again, but got the same sysdll.reg error.

Any other ideas?

VoG II 22:49 12 May 04

Blimey! I just noticed that you have no AV. Irrespesctive of this problem you need some. AVG is free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…