Problems with Stereo on TV tuner Radeon 9800 AIW

Baffled1 23:16 06 May 04

If i connect an analog TV antenna to my AIW 9800 SE video card (with the card output going to Line-In on my Asus K8V SE Delux motherboard ) i can right click the TV picture and select Stereo or mono audio.If i connect the RF output of my Sky digibox to the Video card on the same co-ax connector and still using Line-In on the motherboard for sound,i can not select Stereo.When i try to select Stereo it does not acknowlegde the request and sound is still mono.

TV Channel set up details are the same ie global Sap setting.The only difference is whether the Rf input is from an anlogue aerial (terrestrial TV ) or from the RF output of my Sky digibox decoder.(I have tried selecting Cable input rather than antenna on the Tuner setting for this setup but it makes no difference to the sound problem).Is the Sky satellite stereo signal encoded in such a way that the system i have can not recognise it?

bukkaz 03:43 07 May 04

Same here. I have a Radeon as well. Talking to a TV engineer I know he said this was likely as if you cable SKY around your house to more than one TV the other ones will only get mono(which is the case in my house) as you need the SCART connection for stereo with SKY. I've spoken to a couple of other people since with different cards and they say the same-stereo on the terrestial channels but mono on SKY so it looks like it is not a card problem,unless someone knows different which would be appreciated as I would like to get stereo if possible.

bukkaz 03:43 07 May 04

Same here. I have a Radeon as well. Talking to a TV engineer I know he said this was likely as if you cable SKY around your house to more than one TV the other ones will only get mono(which is the case in my house) as you need the SCART connection for stereo with SKY. I've spoken to a couple of other people since with different cards and they say the same-stereo on the terrestial channels but mono on SKY so it looks like it is not a card problem,unless someone knows different which would be appreciated as I would like to get stereo if possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…