Problems with Steganos antivirus2007

murf95 23:09 11 May 07

Has anyone else had any problems with Steganos antivirus programmes? I installed this six weeks ago, since then I have problems with computer crashing.freezing etc.I emailed their support team who advised me to reinstall it, which did not solve the problem. I would appreciate any input on this matter.

p;3 23:34 11 May 07

bookmarking as I for one have never met anyone running this program so 'interested'in the discussion

p;3 10:47 12 May 07

which windows version are you on? if xp sp2 ,may I suggest you remove the present av program (unless you wish it for a specific reason?) and try
avg click here

this

click here is its exe

p;3 18:48 12 May 07

you have not come back with any comments?

murf95 20:18 12 May 07

Sorry I haven't responded earlier I've just come in. I'm a bit reluctant to bin Steganos av as I paid £30 for it, but it looks like I have no alternative. Is avg any good? I dont know much about it.

p;3 21:38 12 May 07

I for one find avg very good;

what you could try is an on line scan by trend from

click here to see if it finds something that your present one hasnt?

also

try these extra protection program s

click here

click here

click here

click here

try fully updating each of them and run on full deep scans to see what they locate?
if that were me and the comp was playing up I would ditch the paid for av program and go for the avg free

how easy the paid for one is to remove remains to be seen , BUT do NOT have more than ONE av program installed as they WILL clash

what other protection programs do you have on board?

murf95 23:33 12 May 07

I've uninstalled steganos av, and installed avg, computer is running faster already. In resonse to your query I have Zone alarm and Spyware Doctor running as well.Thanks for your help. Hopefully no more crashes.
Cheers, murf.

p;3 14:33 13 May 07

good; suggest you also install those programs above (except the trend house call which is an on line scanner)and run them ; as to a paid for antivirus program , as you may have found out, they can be more of a hindrance than a help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5