Problems starting windows 2000

Aiptek 18:21 19 Apr 03

I've just built a computer and have been using it for a week. Now when I start the computer I come up with a blue screen. The message says

"STOP: c0000135 (Unable To Locate DLL)
The dynamic link library winsrv could not be found in the specified Path
Default Load Path

and so on.

I've got windows 2000 installed with norton Antivirus 2003. Processor is Amd Duron 1.2Ghz. Motherboard is PC Chips M810DLMU SKT A DDR/SDRAM Video/Sound/LAN and Modem Motherboard (Mfr part #: 810DLMU) Maxtor 40GB hard drive with 256mb Ram.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong with this PC.

Thanking the helpers in Advance.

Aiptek 18:24 19 Apr 03

I've just tried to start the computer in safe mode by pressing F8 Key. and I'm still getting the same message. It looks like to me that the motherboard is faulty.

Aiptek 19:24 19 Apr 03

I've just changed the motherboard, but I'm still getting the same message. It could be the harddrive. I'll have to change the harddrive to see if it makes any changes.

AndySD 19:49 19 Apr 03

Does it tell uou which folder the dll is missing from. If so use the Recovery Console and replace the dll from the 2000 cd. Its in the which is in the i386 folder. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…