Problems Starting the Computer

Yo Bro 17:48 14 Apr 05

Wonder if anyone can help me please,I want to do a fresh install of windows xp on my computer but the system just keeps on starting over and over, it starts up, the disc is running in the drive and then it cuts out and restarts the system again. I am a novice at this so havent got much of a clue

mattyc_92 17:50 14 Apr 05

When you have got the installation disk in the drive, then you HAVE to look out for the message

"Press any key to boot from CD..."

If you don't press a key within around 6 seconds of this message, then teh system will attempt to boot from the hard-drive....

Yo Bro 17:52 14 Apr 05

unfortunately I am not even getting the message press any key,it's driving me nuts

mattyc_92 17:54 14 Apr 05

OK.... do you know if your BOIS is capible of booting from CD??? and also, why do you want to format the system??? what is wrong with it?

Yo Bro 18:01 14 Apr 05

I added a new hard drive and wanted to upgrade from windows 98, I wouldn't know what to do with regards to the bios stuff, I had windows xp home installed on it then tried to download microsoft updates, and when It came to downloading Service pack 2 it froze up the computer and when I tried to restart it just wouldn't and the disc in the new hard drive starts running and just when you think things are going to go right it cuts off and reboots again feel like threatening it with a sledge hammer

mattyc_92 18:02 14 Apr 05

What o/s are you trying to install??? Win98??? WinXP??

VoG II 18:04 14 Apr 05
  Yo Bro 18:06 14 Apr 05

I had windows 98 on my computer and tried to update it with windows xp home,

Yo Bro 18:08 14 Apr 05

could it be the hard drive that the bios system you mentioned is not recognising and if so what would I need to do

VoG II 18:11 14 Apr 05
  Yo Bro 18:15 14 Apr 05

thanks for this I will give it a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…