Problems starting up

Dirty Dick 16:13 02 May 05

I've just returned from holiday, only 8 days unfotunately!!, and tried to re-start my desktop PC, but it started in something like Safe Mode. On the left side of the screen i got the following message.
"Item Specific Help : CAUTION According to CPU external frequency setting, system memory can only operate at frequency higher than or equal to 333 MHz, please make sure the DRAM maximum frequency is not less than 333 MHz."
I had not changed any settings prior to closing down my PC. What do I need to do to get my PC to re-start and can anyone explain what has happened. I'm running Windows XP Pro

Thanks DD

Big Elf 16:35 02 May 05

It's possible the motherboard battery has failed and the BIOS settings have been lost. Go into the BIOS on bootup and look for an option to load failsafe defaults. Also if you have the motherboard manual then check the settings in there.

keithlik 16:38 02 May 05

What operating system are you using

Dirty Dick 16:42 02 May 05

Bif Elf
Thamks, The PC has not got any further than the "Safe Mode". When I try to go further the PC just fails and closes down. I'll have to rumage for Motherboard manual.

keithlik
Windows XP pro

Dirty Dick 20:05 03 May 05

Managed to get the PC to fire up. In the Safe Mode, there were two alternatives for the system memory, Auto or 333MHz. I clicked on the 333MHz and it allowed me past the Safe Mode. Don't really know what caused the problem in the first place.

Thanks again for everyones help.

DD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…