Problems on start-up

Charlie 3746 09:10 19 Aug 08

Hi
Quite often the tool bars, address bar, favourites etc at the top of the screen are missing (usually on initial start-up). I would be most grateful if someone could suggest a remedy - thanks

jack 09:17 19 Aug 08

No not being sarcastic.
The can be missing because the screen is over large for the frame[Monitor adjustment]
So check out the physical adjuxtments of your monitor- these can be by individual buttons or a screen display- depend on your monitor model.
If this does not produce the result then
Control Panel/Display/settings screen resolution.
If it is set to max- arrow far- right- pull the arrow back slightly and click OK- you anlways revers this is it does not suit.

Technotiger 09:18 19 Aug 08

Not much info there to go on, but I assume you are using Internet explorer - perhaps a re-install over the top of your present one might fix it. Or, perhaps un-install and then re-install IE.

Charlie 3746 09:42 19 Aug 08

Thanks for the replies.
It is not the screen size I've tried that. It is an intermittent problem, sometimes cured by switching between screens eg from IE homepage to emails.
Thanks

jack 12:22 19 Aug 08

Explore - Explorer tools to this{Dont use it my self so I cant advise further] or simple utilize the 'Full Screen/Small screen icon at top- it it has not gone of top of page in which case go to top of screen - left click and drag.

Pineman100 12:59 19 Aug 08
  Charlie 3746 16:29 19 Aug 08

Hello again
The maximise minimise buttons are there - it's the stuff below the blue bar at the top of the screen showing the address bar, File, Edit. View etc and the Favourites etc that is sometimes missing.
Thanks for replying

Pineman100 18:10 19 Aug 08

Is this perhaps just a matter of enabling and locking the right toolbars?

You say that these items are "sometimes" missing. Can you fiddle about with IE until you get them showing? If so, click on View then on Toolbars. In the menu, click to place ticks by the toolbars that you want to see, then click to put a tick by "Lock the toolbars".

jack 18:53 19 Aug 08

This suggests then a Windows problem.
A Repair or reinstall- according to your set up and disks available.
More info on the computer and disks would be useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced