problems on start up......

molby5 17:15 07 May 07

hey there,

we had a power cut last night and now when i start my pc it loads up windows then switches to a black screen that says...

"we apologize for the inconvinience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software
change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding........" there is loads more that i can let you guys know... then i get options of

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt

last known good config

start windows normally

none of these options get me back into windows

anyone got any ideas?

cheers

howard64 17:18 07 May 07

if you have the xp cd boot from that and when you get to the install page press R to repair xp.

molby5 17:22 07 May 07

i dont have a xp cd i'm afraid?!!!

jolorna 17:31 07 May 07

have you tried start windows normally

molby5 17:34 07 May 07

yes i have and it tries to load again but then goes back to the same black screen again with the message and options

birdface 18:35 07 May 07

Have you tried tapping F8 as the computer starts,That puts you into the proper safe mode,If you get in there you can do a system restore,If you cant get in it is looking like a repair or reformat,If you dont have an XP cd, you can borrow one from a friend ,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:42 07 May 07

download the six boot disks from click here

and do a repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…