problems with sound caRD

jedsusan 20:06 05 May 07

hi having problems with sound card its a realtek rc97 onboard had a big hard drive crash and now saying the drivers for this device are not installed(CODE 28)any help will be gratful

Totally-braindead 20:19 05 May 07

Did you get a disk with the PC which has the motherboard drivers on it?

kelim 20:41 05 May 07

go to click here free registration, once active, thousands of free drivers are available just by putting in the card name. if they dont have it there are links to the manufacturers website of your card.
hope this helps!

Stuartli 21:11 05 May 07

You can download Realtek onboard sound chipset drivers direct from the Realtek website (check whether you have AC 97 or High Definition drivers first):

click here

Totally-braindead 21:13 05 May 07

By email didn't get a disk.

Right. What has probably happened is the driver for the sound card has become corrupted and a simple reinstall of it will cure it.

If you post back with your make and model of PC, if its a branded one, someone will provide a link to the manufacturers website where you can download the sound driver.
If its not a branded PC, ie not a named make like a Dell, HP, Philips etc then you will have to identify the motherboard make and model and again someone will provide the link to the sound driver.

If you don't know what motherboard you have then download either SIW, Belarc or Everest click here click here click here
Run whichever one you download and it will give you the make and model of your motherboard and we can find the driver from that.

I have to pop out now but will check back when I return.
To repeat we need either the make and model of the computer if its branded or the make and model of the motherboard if its not. My motherboard is for example an ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe, my last one was a Gigabyte GA7VAXP.

Don't worry its a simple thing to fix, honest.

citadel 21:19 05 May 07

I read that micosoft had caused a problem with realtek sound. there is an update to fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…