richb_83 12:32 11 Jun 06

PC Spec-
AMD FX-55
Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe motherboard
2GB ram
2x 6800GT Sli'd Graphics cards
160GB SATA HDD
80GB SATA HDD
2 Optical Drives (DVD-ROM and CD - rewriter)
Enermax 'Noisetaker' 600W EG701AX-VE(W) SFMA ATX2.0 SLI Compliant PSU (CA-021-EN)

I recently removed my old display drivers and downloaded the new version from my graphics card provider.
After installing the driver my computer randomly freezes and my monitor goes black. I have to restart my PC to retify the problem but no 'windows error message' comes up?
When it freezes my keyboard is unresponsive eg num lock, caps lock lights on keyboard etc doesnt change if I press. This has happened before and I took it in for a check up with a PC repair shop at the end of last year but the problem keeps coming back.

Also I can't run my system in SLi mode, if I enable Sli and run a high end PC game eg 'Call of Duty 2' after a couple of mins of game play the screen goes to desktop with a window stating that (to the best of what I can remember) '******** is informing you of a lack of Auxilary Power Supply to the graphics card and is lowering its output to prevent damage'
The game/PC becomes slow and sometimes crashes.

I run an anti-virus, spy ware and registry mechanic check weekly, so I don't believe its any of those affecting it.

Any help would be grateful.

User-312386 13:35 11 Jun 06

Download and install drivercleaner pro click here

Uninstall the graphics card driver, now go into safe mode, cancel any wizards that start. Start drivercleaner pro and uninstall Nvidia.

Re-install graphics card drivers.

Also if you have Nvdia Chipset Mobo then you may have to re-install these

richb_83 14:03 11 Jun 06

kk

Thanks will give it a go,
is this just for the driver problem?

richb_83 17:52 11 Jun 06

Still get the blacked out screen

Done all the above noticed its made my PC quicker but still have the unresponsive crashes???

User-312386 19:15 11 Jun 06

i assume you have the latest chipset drivers and the AMD driver click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…