problems with sky HD box

gibfish26 17:55 20 Jun 09

hi all,i have had my HD box for 20 months,the last couple of months it has been playing up,we will be watching tv all is fine then screen goes black and floating window comes on saying no signal,sky remote will not work and green light is on,no red light,box is locked out so have to switch off on wall socket leave for about 30 seconds or so then it comes back on.it may only do this once the same day sometimes it will happen a couple of times,also sometimes after reboot picture is very jerky but noticed this at other times also.anyone else having this kind of problem.thanks. gibfish26.

anniesboy 18:06 20 Jun 09

Ive had a similar problem on a couple of occasions only.
Others have experienced issues
click here

eedcam 18:42 20 Jun 09

If thats Sky+HD then ask here
click here

Inf not then there is another section same site

BRYNIT 19:46 20 Jun 09

Have you checked that the cable/F-connector from the dish is not loose at the back of the shy box.

BRYNIT 19:47 20 Jun 09

Shy box?

Should say Sky box

gibfish26 12:41 21 Jun 09

hi anniesboy and eedcam thanks for the links,seems to be a common problem,but i am still on old EPG so cant be that.BRYNIT cable and connections are fine all new last year.thanks all.

BRYNIT 23:23 21 Jun 09

Although the cables are new when you move the TV etc to clean/dust the connections can become loose.

laurie53 08:50 22 Jun 09

Engineers had to come three or four times until I finally got a reliable box, a brand new Samsung.

However, I'm still on the old EPG so some of these posts make be a bit apprehensive!

Just keep on at Sky, which I know is a major operation in itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017