Problems with the Shortcut icon

trevorchoi 02:22 09 Nov 08

Hi, everything was fine with my laptop but then the next moment all my shortcut icons changed from being a little arrow to a square box that has three coloured dots in the middle.

All my desktop icons have been affected (except computer and recycle bin).

On the large icon view the shortcut icon is normal and sits on the bottom left with a little arrow pointing diagonally. However when I change the icon settings to medium or classic view the arrow becomes the box with three coloured dots in the middle. When I have it on classic view the 'new' shortcut icon just covers most of the icon in view.

I have downloaded vista shortcut overlay program but that wouldnt allow me to change. Can someone help me out? Ive cleaned out my temp files and did virus checks but nothing seems to work. I am lost as to what to do. Help please!

Trevor

ambra4 05:09 09 Nov 08

You can try this program Vista Shortcut Manager

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…