Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
I have used Microsoft Outlook in preference to Outlook Express for email for a long time, with no problems until recently. About two weeks ago, I was sending three messages (none with attachments), the first one went, then it refused to send the following two citing “Out of memory or system resources – try closing other programs to free additional resources”, with an Error Number 0x8007000e. And so it continues with some outbound emails.
Inbounds are no problem, including those with, in some cases, large attachments. No problems with any size of download off the Internet. But with sending emails, there is no problem if it is a “Reply”, but if I make a new message it will not send. And either way, I cannot send attachments; when using the “reply” option, the sending starts then the process stalls, and the Internet connection eventually disconnects. As I am in a remote area with no broadband available, I only have a Dial-Up option.
I am running a Compaq Presario 2105EA laptop, CPU Intel Celeron 1.60Ghz, with 512Mb RAM, OS Windows XP Home with SP2. Due to a wire being adrift in the jack for the telephone connection, I am unable to use the internal modem, so have substituted with a Sitecom 56kbps V92 Fax Modem PCMCIA card (not configured for fax though).
I have very little else running, apart from antivirus when I am using Microsoft Outlook. Typically the CPU is running at between 3-10% of resources, and the addition of another 256Mb RAM recently (from 256) has made no difference. I am thinking it must be a configuration issue, but can’t work out why! I have tried the solutions on the Microsoft Website for the Error Number, but to no avail. An suggestions will be very welcome.
Thanks rawprawn, but it didn't resolve the problem.
Solved the problem - a new modem cured all.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.