Problems sending files with Windows Messenger

SpyMan²°°­­³ 14:57 07 Mar 03

The other day i tried to send my mate an mp3 file but after about 10 seconds of uploading i message came up sayin something like 'this file could not be sent..please contact your system administrator or isp service'.

I thought it could have been the size of the file as it was around 3.5mb. So i tried sending a small photo but the same happened.

Why won't it let me send these files?

I tried sending a photo to someone else this morning and it sent the file perfectly. Weird!

I know it is nothing to do with my mates computer as he sent me loads of files in the past.

Thanks ahead

hgrock 16:12 07 Mar 03

It would be interesting to read the feedback on this, i have the same problem, think it is something to do with your firewall, i can send sometimes and get thre same error message at other times, have the same problem with remote assistance

anchor 16:15 07 Mar 03

I don`t know if you mean Microsoft Messenger, but if so, I find that this happens occasionally.

Sometimes, but not often, even when writing messages to each other, the system seems to go haywire. Try Yahoo messenger as a back up. You, and your friend, should register for a free Yahoo account, and then download Yahoo messenger.

I have both running at the same time on my system, and find that for voice communication Yahoo is better.

anchor 16:17 07 Mar 03

Firewall:

I don`t think that a firewall would make any difference. I have Zone Alarm pro, and so do friends in the UK, USA and Canada. We do not experience any problems in sending files to each other.

Bailey08787 17:38 07 Mar 03

i too am unable to send files using msn messenger - i usually just give up and email them.

i get the same message as the one mentioned in the first post

SpyMan²°°­­³ 18:21 07 Mar 03

I have sent an email to my isp so i will let you know what they say

ukgirl 18:22 07 Mar 03

I have the same problem..can send files in yahoo but not msn...strange

Ironman556 18:28 07 Mar 03

If you have XP, try disabliong the built-in firewall.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 18:35 07 Mar 03

firewall already disabled

jimv7 22:16 07 Mar 03

refresh

anchor 12:46 08 Mar 03

As I said, I have no problems sending or receiving files in either MSN or Yahoo messenger.

My ISP is Pipex broadband, with Windows ME, and Zone Alarm pro on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…