Problems sending emails to btinternet addresses

Dragonfly2 10:49 23 Aug 08

Can anyone throw any light on this problem? I'm having occasional problems sending emails to people with a btinternet email address. It's only with btinternet, and doesn't always occur. The emails get bounced back with the following message from "yahoo.com":

"unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
[email protected]>:
connectWithTimeout failed [127.0.0.1:628]: Connection refused
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Any idea what's happening? Our emails are going from Pipex.

rawprawn 11:44 23 Aug 08

If it's just one address
Possibly his Inbox is jammed full, it may cure it if he deletes everything in his btinternet inbox.

Dragonfly2 12:02 23 Aug 08

Hi - actually it's a couple of people both with btinternet. I've sent the same email to both of them a few times and it bounced back quoting both addresses. Admittedly, this morning I sent an email individually to them and got a reply from one, who had received the email OK. The other is on holiday and accessing her emails only intermittently, perhaps the problem is with her. Looks like I've got to phone her. Investigation still ongoing. Over and out for now.

Chas49 12:50 23 Aug 08

Dragonfly2:

Could it be that, if you are putting more than one address in the To: field that you are not separating them properly? I'm not sure whether you should separate them with a comma or a semi colon - try experimenting. Though, no doubt, someone else will come up with the correct character. Worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017