Problems with sending E-Mail

geewis357 21:28 25 Oct 05

The problem has got that bad about 1 in 5 e-mail actualy get sent. I thought the prob could be down to norton 2006 but I have changed to the latest version of McAfee but the prob is the same. The prob is present on all 3 home network pc,s (XP Pro)when mail is successfuly sent it takes up to 1 hour to be delivered, I wonder if the ISP could be at fault ( Tiscali 1Mb broardband)or could there be a prob with port 25 or SMTP. Does anybody have any Idear what I could do.

Taff36 07:42 26 Oct 05

Which e-mail client are you using? (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) Did e-mails work successfully before and how many e-mail accounts are involved?

geewis357 08:37 26 Oct 05

By default I use incredimail but the prob is the same when I use outlook expres. the prob has advanced over the past month to the stage when only 1 in five work and when they do work they take up to 1 hour to arive.

Taff36 22:06 26 Oct 05

I can understand the one hour to arrive. Do you just have one e-mail account provider between the machines i.e. Tiscali or are there others?

Each machine must be set up to use the Tiscali SMTP settings (outgoing) although the POP3 (Incoming)settings will be different depending on who the e-mail provider is.

knobler 22:10 26 Oct 05

Same problem I'm having! - If I get any joy - i'll let you know. Seems strange that it's tiscali!!

woodchip 22:12 26 Oct 05

Once it leaves your computer, you have no control its up to your ISP.

takes up to 1 hour to be delivered, ISP problem

geewis357 22:19 26 Oct 05

thans taff36, The 3 pc,s were all setup and have been working fine for the last 12 months, no major changes done. Its as though SMTP or port 25 have gone on strike.

Taff36 23:53 26 Oct 05

Yes there was - Norton and Mcafee - Try turning Mcafee off and send a few e-mails and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise I agree with Woodchip and Knobler - speak to Tiscali.

geewis357 00:00 27 Oct 05

I have been trying to contact tiscali for the last 3 days but all the agents are busy, probably explaining to folk why the e-mails are not working.

knobler 18:55 30 Oct 05

Sorted mine out - Outlook Express settings !! - well that's what I think due to a new computer etc. Either that or Tiscali have pulled their finger out for a change!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…