problems seeing one pc from the other via the LAN

RISC OS user 19:07 11 Aug 13
Answered

Before I replaced my Router I was able to see my 'E' drives on each of my 2 PC's via the LAN and the printer which is connected by USB to the Desktop appeared in each of the Network file . Now, however I am unable to see this or read/write from either PC to the other, but I does seem to printer after quite some time after sending something from the Laptop to the Decktop printer. How can I either correct the problems or clear the Network and start again? The name of the HomeGroup are both the same on each PC and the Passwords are also the same (as before). The old Router was a Thomson SpeedTouch the new one is Technicolour TG582n. The access to the internet is correct and my Acorn RiscPC and Virtual Acorn can still be used and files read across the LAN to and from them both. Not being able to read or write to files on each machine is a great inconvience. Help Please.

Woolwell 21:16 11 Aug 13

Try turning off your firewall temporarily and see if you can see the drives.

RISC OS user 11:56 12 Aug 13

Thank you for you suggestion, It was one of the avenues I had not explored, and it jogged my memory to check the permissions I had set on the Firewall, and for some reason the permission had also changed and the computers were not listed. I have rectified this and all is now ok. Thanks again.

Woolwell 13:20 12 Aug 13
Answer

Glad that it's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…