Problems with ScanDisk........

ShannockSid 18:41 11 May 04

I can't get scandisk to work on my computer.

I've closed all programmes then checked in cont/alt/del that explorer is the only thing running, but it still crashes out with 'Scandisk has re-started 10 times........'

Any help would be appreciated.

smoothcue 18:49 11 May 04

Try starting in safe mode and then run scandisk.

Are you running windows 98?.

ami 23:57 11 May 04

Do you have a wireless mouse or keyboard?
I've found scandisc constantly re-starts even when all running processes are shut down unless I disconnect the wireless peripherals and use the old-style ones.

ami 23:58 11 May 04

Same applies with optical gear, even if not wireless

GaT7 00:06 12 May 04

For more info &/or alternative methods to solve this problem (if you need it) - click here.

end 01:27 12 May 04

?? have you got a screan-saver "active"....??

ShannockSid 00:12 13 May 04

end..... yes, i have alreay disabled screen saver and wallpaper.

ami....... yes, I use a cordless mouse. I'll try it with wired one.

smoothcue....... yes, i am running windows 98.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll go and try them now.

end 11:10 13 May 04

what happens when you TRY TO use scan disc????what does it say; how far does it GET, and are you in standard or thorough mode?? and have you EVER been able TO run scan disc ON that computer????(am a novice here but ...)

ShannockSid 22:45 12 Dec 04

It gets a few seconds into checking files, and file allocation tables then re-sets and eventually comes up with...

..... 'Scandisk has re-started 10 times........'

VoG II 22:49 12 Dec 04

Run it in Safe Mode click here

GaT7 00:57 13 Dec 04

The link I provided earlier (on 12.05.04) is for the problem you're experiencing & lists other solutions (apart from Safe Mode) as well. Here it is again - "Err Msg: ScanDisk Has Restarted 10 Times Because Windows..." click here. HTH, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…