Problems saving pictures from Internet

jake2 21:43 15 Feb 03

I am having trouble at the moment in saving pictures from the Internet. I am running Windows XP Home Edition with Internet Explorer 6. When I right click on a picture I get the usual options in the menu, but when I try to use "Save Picture As" it will allow me to choose a directory but then locks up once I have clicked "Save".

I have already tried repairing Explorer, but this didn't solve the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jazzypop 22:31 15 Feb 03

Open Windows Explorer, right click on the drive that XP is installed on and select Properties, Disk Cleanup. Make sure you choose Temporary
Internet Files.

Willee19 23:00 15 Feb 03

Jake2
You could do it in IE6:
select 'tools','internet options','delete files' (in "temporary internet files")

howard60 09:13 16 Feb 03

if you have word or notepad open the prog - with the picture showing in ie6 click on control - C to copy it to the clipboard and then in word - control - V to paste it. then save the word doc. having cleared down open the doc and click on the edge of the border you should then have the options to save as.

jake2 11:42 16 Feb 03

Thanks for the advice guys, tried what you suggested, still no joy!! Thinking about going back to an earlier restore point as it worked fine previously, but i would like to know what the problem is. Anything else you think i should try?

jake2 17:29 16 Feb 03

Well I've tried restoring the computer & still nothing. Got error message during restore about musicmatch jukebox not being shut down correctly, problem with visuals. (Sorry should have taken exact note of message) So I removed musicmatch from programs & tried again after re-installing mm. Still nothing. Don't know much about computers so that's as far as i can go. These error reports being sent to microsoft, do they do any good?

Punchie 16:56 12 Aug 04

Hi Jake I have this problem at the moment and looking for a solution. When you click save to the opted folder, the screen freezes. I have found if you wait for it to process, in my case 2.5mins, then everything after that will save immediate. When you close the site or programme down, you will have the same problem again. I have tried a previous restore point and got no joy.
Hope we find a solution
Rob

BurrWalnut 17:05 12 Aug 04

Emptying temporary internet files usually works but if not, try this :-

Go into Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, General Tab, Settings, View Objects. If any of them have "Unknown" or "Damaged" in the Status column, right click and delete them, OK out and see if you can now save. If not, delete all the objects and try again. At some time in the future you will receive a prompt to download those that you have deleted.

Punchie 17:21 12 Aug 04

Thanks BurrWalnut, tried both those suggestions to no avail. Deleted everything in the objects file. Even saving attachment pictures from emails gets the same response of 2.5mins to process. Hope someone else can help?

Punchie 17:22 12 Aug 04

Thanks BurrWalnut, tried both those suggestions to no avail. Deleted everything in the objects file. Even saving attachment pictures from emails gets the same response of 2.5mins to process. Hope someone else can help?

Punchie 17:22 12 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…