Problems with Samsung TS-H552B DVD writer

coolteach 20:22 26 Dec 04

After installing a Samsung TS-H552B (top of PCA DVD writer chart) in my Win XP SP2 PC I cannot burn anything that works on my Matsui DAV70 DVD player. The discs (infiniti x8 dvd-r) won't attempt to play. However, they play instantly in my Samsung DVD player and my computer. Bizzarly though, when the same media (and disc content) is burnt in an LG 4040B writer on a different PC they work brilliantly on the Matsui player! The software used on both PCs is Clone DVD 1.something. I have also tried DVD Shrink with the latest Nero but to no avail. Can anyone please explain this bizzare behaviour or should I give a different media (e.g. one that uses Ritek go5) a go?

coolteach 19:52 27 Dec 04

The Samsung burnt infiniti dvd-r's kind of play on an Acoustic Solutions DVD player (they are blocky in places though) but the LG burnt infinitis play perfectly on teh Acoustic Solutions player! I am beginning to think that the Samsung DVD writer cannot burn the infinitis to a sufficient quality for the cheaper DVD players but the older LG writer can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…