Problems with Saitek joystick

I have been using a Saitek X7-38 joystick on my XP-Home system for over a year without any problem.

A couple of days ago I found that I couldn't use it. In the control panel it said that it was "not connected". I tried uninstalling it, removing it and plugging it back in, then re-installing it. The system detects it, but then says that it is "not connected" again.

I took the joystick to work and plugged it into another system. It did exactly the same thing on a Windows 2000 box. The system detected it, loaded the driver, then said that it was "not connected" again.

I have taken it apart but can't see any lose wires.

Has it gone to the Great Hardware Heaven, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming that it is broken, can somebody recommend a good replacement?

I need it for playing things like Flight Simulators, so it needs to have a throttle.

I've been looking at the Saitek ST110. I can get this from DABS at under £18.00. Is this a good joystick, and if yes, is this a good price?

I don't want to spend any more than £20

Thanks

^^^^

^^^^

Jester2K II 15:17 12 Aug 03

Is the Saitek X7-38 joystick XP Compatible??

MS have discontinued their Sidewainder range. I used one of these (non Force Feedback) very good. click here

It worked okay for about a year.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like a good one.

Jester2K II 15:37 12 Aug 03

Product Home Page click here

Also has wide heavy base, plenty buttons (programmable)

I find under XP its best to installed the software, plug the joystick in when prompted and leave the button programming to the game options and not MS Sidewinder software. See if you can try before you buy...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…