Problems with s video in black and white only

wesparmalee 15:46 02 Feb 05

I have been trying to connect my VHS video recorder to my capture card in,order to transfer some old tapes over to the hard drive.My video recorder only has a scart connector,which i have connected a scart adaptor to,with a s video output on it.The s video lead is going into the capture card,and the audio left and right into the sound card.The problem is that once i select s video option on the capture card,it's only in black and white.The composite option is ok,but the quality is nowhere near as good as running it directly through s video.What am i doin wrong here.Thanks.

ACOLYTE 16:20 02 Feb 05

Just a guess but are you trying in PAL or NTSC? maybe NTSC only does B/W.

ICF 18:59 02 Feb 05

If I understand what your saying it sounds like you have connected a s video lead to a scart socket on your VCR with an adapter.So you have plugged a s video lead into your pc video card but this is not a s video signal from your VCR as it's not in a S video socket.

alnwrd 19:03 02 Feb 05

Does your vcr support svideo. If it does you should use the svideo socket on the vcr.
Are the tapes recorded using svideo?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…