Problems running two comms programs jointly

Jomi 21:37 14 Dec 05

I'm trying to run two communications programs - teamspeak and squawkbox simultaneously in flightsim 2004. I need one of them to talk to other aircraft and one to talk to air traffic control. Other people are able to do this but I can use only one at a time.
I have onboard sound using realtec ac'97 drivers and an audigy 2 pci souncard.
Windows only lets me choose one or the other so I can't even use seperate microphones.

I know it's a bit of a longshot but can anyone help with this? Any advice or suggestions would be useful.

Skills 21:41 14 Dec 05

You should only have one soundcard installed as the two of them together will probably cause conflicts. You should uninstalled the onboard sound device reboot the machine go into the BIOS and disable the onboard sound.

Jomi 21:51 14 Dec 05

Thank you Skills.
When I first installed the soundcard I did exactly as you suggested and the onboard sound was disabled in the bios, I also uninstalled the drivers.

When I first had the problem with trying to run two comms programs that was the situation (one soundcard installed, onboard sound disabled) one of the solutions I received was to re-enable the onboard sound and use two microphones.
I've tried that and while there doesn't appear to be any problems I still can't run the two programs at the same time, or rather I can but only one will actually work properly - whichever one is started first works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…