Problems with running old games on XP

Nodor 13:34 06 Mar 04

I have just installed Windows XP and now seem to have trouble running my old games. The problems I have relate to the graphics. When moving the mouse in Monopoly it leaves "mouse trails", in other games blocks of graphics appear to overlap each other and do not run smoothly. Also there are lines of coloured pixels which appear across the screen. I have upgraded the motherboard to a ASUS A7N8X-X, and have installed a Radeon 9600 SE graphics card. I have tried to look on websites for an answer and have attempted the Wizard compability but this was not successful.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks
Paul

hugh-265156 13:37 06 Mar 04

if the compatabillity wiz doesnt work then maybe a driver update might.click here

also check direct x is ok.click start/run and type "dxdiag" click ok and then click the display tab and run the tests.

Nodor 14:40 06 Mar 04

Huggyg
have done as you suggested but still have the same problem, everything checked out ok.Unfortunetly i am not that computer litterate so am at a lost as what do next.

hugh-265156 14:52 06 Mar 04

neither am i Nodor unfortunatly ;-)

are you using the latest cat 4.2 driver from the above ati link?

hugh-265156 14:54 06 Mar 04

ps.

at what resolution are you running the games?

just in case it may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…